Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Memorial Day has come to signify the start of summer!!  It is usually celebrated with cookouts and family get togethers.  I look forward to the spending the day with my family and friends drinking lemonade, swimming in the pool and eating my dad's awesome BBQ!!  This day marks the start of the fun that summer always brings!!

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-holiday/memorial-day/?page=2

I know the true meaning of this day gets lost in all the festivities, but be sure to take a moment and honor those who paid the ultimate price to ensure our freedom!  I know that every time we bow our heads in prayer, my dad takes a moment asking for special blessings for all the troops here and abroad, but on this day he reminisces about his fellow soldiers who didn't make it home with him.  It makes me really appreciate the price that was paid for all of us!
 
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-holiday/memorial-day/?page=1

Wishing you a fun and safe holiday!


Happy Memorial Day!!!


No comments: